Friday, June 14, 2013

Blur of May

Sunday May 4
Well we kicked off May with a Air Show at my work.  I took my favorite boys, Hubby, my Dad and Ryan along with some of his friends.   I work on a small airport that was hosting this show, so we got free front row seats.  It was so cute watching the boys get so excited at each taxiing plane.
I let each of them have a turn taking pictures, made sure they were really careful using the neck strap and all…

The best part was everyone got to get into our helicopter, play with the buttons and wear the head sets.
Look at these beaming faces!

Then the party foul happened.  When we were packing up to leave my hands were full of bags, chairs, food etc.  Somehow I let the camera strap slip and dropped it right on its face! 

Thankfully just the UV filter broke and not the actual lens.  So grateful that the camera guy suggested we buy the filter for just this reason!  The next day at work I had to have one of the guys in the shop break loose the filter because it bent on the threads.  OUCH.  Still no damage to the actual lens, which is amazing. 
On our way home Dad Ryan and I made up a song about Ryan’s Floppy band aid from a cut he’d gotten earlier in the morning.   Maybe you had to be there but it was super funny to us…. Remember Ryan’s 9.
Floppy band aid came from my dad
Floppy band aid it’s all he had
Floppy band aid made from a tree
Floppy band aid it protects me
Floppy band aid I pick at it so much
Floppy band aid it hurts to touch
Floppy band aid my skin is white
Floppy band aid I’m glad it’s night
Floppy band aid covers my scab
Floppy band aid is such a drag
Floppy band aid don’t know what to do
Floppy band aid it lost its glue
Floppy band aid I started to rub
Floppy band aid came off in the tub
Floppy band aid I got a new cut
Floppy band aid it’s on my Butt!

Saturday May 8
My desk looked like this pretty much the entire month of May.
I've been helping a friend make a memory book of her daughter Senior year as a graduation project.  It's a surprise so everything stays at my house. 

This shot of Zoe cracks me up.  She's such a clingy little bugger, always under foot.  I always tell them "go outside, be a dog!"  She found out that she can hop up on the flower bed and peek into the window to see what I'm doing.

Tuesday May 14
My Dad turned 55 today.  We don't celebrate birthdays, but I still think turning 55 is pretty cool.  Nice even number.  I love my Dad.  He's my favorite guy in the whole world next to my husband.  I got him a nice card at trader joes, it had a cute retro 50's dad on the cover saying "Fatherhood, Someone's gotta do it" for father's day but blank in side.  Wrote him a little thank you note for being such a great Dad and bought him some cupcakes.  If you know my Dad, you'd know he has a insane sweet tooth.


Saturday May 18
We had our first bon fire of the summer.  I saw this commercial, have not clue what it was actually for but it had smores in it and I thought "Mmmmmmm Smores" and quickly sent out a mass text for our friends to come over for cards and a fire.


We had a really nice group of young couples with lots of kiddos. 18 in total.  We all started out around the fire pit, but eventually the guys split to play poker and the girls stayed talking about babies and the latest news. 


Even grown up boys are dumb.  My friends husband toasted a mashmallow on his finger.


Gave the kids glow bracelets and flashlights and let them go nuts.

All in all it was a great night and every one went home happy and full of sugar.

May 24
We started our trip to Seattle and Canada for my parents 36 yr Anniversary.  There's so many pix for that it needs a whole seperate post.




No comments:

Post a Comment