Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Paleo at Sprouts

One of my favorite things about the Foodee blog is that you can save recipes you like and it will make a grocery list for you.  I picked 11 meals that I wanted to try along with some basic needs I've read about like Coconut Oil, Aminos and Milk.

After searching for the local Whole Foods store I found the closest one to me was about 40 mins away.  No Bueno.  Then I remembered there was a Sprouts on my way home from work.

I'd only gone to Sprouts once before, honestly its pretty daunting walking in.  Its not set up like a typical grocery store and I spent 2 hours there!  Slowly strolling up each aisle hunting down my items and reading labels.  You would not believe how many things they sneak sugar and soy into.  It took me a long time to figure out which was the "right" kind of almond and coconut milk to drink.  Still have to do a little research on brands.
Here are some photos of my "Haul"
Coconut Oil, Milk, Aminos and Water.  Chicken Stock. Almond Milk.  Stewed Tomatos.  Apple Sause (not shown) and Apple Cider Vinegar.  I'm going to try my hand at making my own Mayo!

Spaghetti Squash, Strawberries, Cauliflower, Onion, Shallot, Cranberry, Flaxseed, Almond Meal
and that funny thing on the right is a Jicama.  Apparently you can treat it like a potato.
Green Stuff: Basil, Mint, Cucumber, Celery, Kale, Chard, Scallions
I felt very silly standing infront of the greens totally stumped at what I was actually looking at, found a very nice man who told me which was chard and kale.  He even brought me a Ad and coupons.

Googled how to prepare chard to learn how to cut the beast apart. 
There was SO much prep work for veggies. 
Hubby made some perfect steaks for dinner.

Last but not least I tried a recipe I saw on facebook for a green drink. 
(Using their pix, my shaker cup was not as pretty)

No comments:

Post a Comment