Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Good News and other things

So here's the dish...sorry its a day late, but I do work ya know.

First things first, I wasn't going to weigh in yesterday because of Flo and water weight, but I did and I'm glad I did.  I had a loss of 2.4 lbs.  BOO-YAH!  That made me so happy, especially because of my little loss last week and that I tried SO hard even with my 9 point coffee hehe.  We are now at a total of 5 1/2 lbs down.  I got my little *bravo star* in my book but didn't stay at the meeting for any announcements.  I'm determined to have no "gains" in my 16 week book.

Speaking of Aunt Flo, she came at day 32 this month.  Not bad.  Way better than 48 or not at all. Hopefully with the continued weight loss I'll get down to and maintain 28 days.

Here are my tips from last week:
1. DON'T put the creamy chocolate shake mix in your coffee.  It does NOT taste like a mocha.  My team leader LIED.

2. The best meal I cooked was grilled chicken and vegetables covered in mozzarella and a half cup of marinara for 10 points!  I now found a light provolone at target thats 1 pt.  Going to try that next.

3. Fav Finds: Skinny Cow Mocha Truffle Bars for 3 points and WW Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Bars for 2 points.  Got both at target.

What really helped me is tracking.  I'm trying to make it a game, see how much food you can get for the least points.  Its the first thing I do in the morning when I get to work.  I also started taking my dog Coco for short 15 minute walks.  Since it rained half of last week it was short lived, but I plan on getting back on track.  I had taken him to a dog trainer for jumping and she told me that he needed to be walked to exhaust his brain.  Works for me.

Here is my Puppy Love.

In other news...I was with my friend on Monday night (had to pick up my lunch bag) and her Mom was there, she works with insurance, we'll call her Nana P.   A few months back neither myself or hubby had health insurance and I was calling around to get pricing on coverage.  In my quest I had been asking about infertility/pregnancy coverage and kept getting shot down.  We now have Kaiser through Hubby's work and I was afraid if we used a RE (reproductive endocronologist ie. fertility dr) that the pregnancy wouldnt be covered.  Which is partially why I was thinking in desperation to go to Mexico.  Thankfully I asked Nana P about what these insurance reps were telling me.  She explained that Independant coverage can deny you where as group coverage will cover it. She encouraged me to call Kaiser today and find out what exactly they will cover. 

And thats exactly what I did (about 30 minutes ago).  In short I now know that we are not covered for fertility treatments under our current plan, but that I can see my Kaiser drs OR go to the HRC and once we do get pregnant they WILL cover the pregnancy.   This is a hugh relief.  I am a glutten for punishment/worry I guess, because I keep reading these blogs and now on the WW site there are MORE blogs about women who've gone through all this crap.  I really thought IUI was the way to go, but the more I read I'm seeing that these poor women are going for 6, 7, 8 failed treatments and eventually going to IVF anyway.  I don't want to pay for each IUI and have it end up being a waste/costing the same as 1 IVF.  I still dont know which way to go, but I'm glad I can now get this ball rolling and that I can finance it either way at the HRC.

1 comment:

  1. 1) Coco is adorable, and I want a doggie of my own.
    2) Gigantic lattes are one of the few worthy high PP items IMO ;)

    ReplyDelete